The Ridgebury Approach
Ridgebury provides performance and transparency for institutional investors across two lines of business. In our core Direct Asset Investment business, we seek exceptional opportunity through a consistent straightforward investment approach. In our Third-Party Asset Management business line, we tailor unique strategies to manage even the most difficult situations.
Ridgebury’s Direct Asset Investment Philosophy
- We design and structure discrete vehicles to provide specific and targeted exposure to investors.
- We invest our personal capital in every transaction.
- We proactively manage our vessels to improve performance and reduce emissions.
- We do not compromise ethics.
- We actively seek exit opportunities and move decisively to convert paper gains to realized cash returns.
Ridgebury’s Third-Party Asset Management Philosophy
- We will engage in a limited number of situations and only where we can add material value.
- We work closely with financial owners to understand their objectives and deliver a full solution – operating, commercial and financial.
- We work hard to find, structure, and deliver exit opportunities on the owner’s desired timeline.
- We manage third-party assets with the same rigor and owner-oriented approach that we do our own.
Ridgebury’s Operational Philosophy
- We focus our in-house resources on the areas where we can add material value.
- We outsource other aspects to best-in-class providers to achieve high performance with a flexible and efficient cost structure.
- We develop an ideal performance model for each ship, and implement a plan to close deficiencies to that theoretical performance standard.
- Our investment approach aims to make each vessel purchase a positive event for the environment.